Going Home

Going Home

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Best part of My Day

The best part of my day is at about 8:10pm.  After Justin has eaten dinner, and sufficiently crawled around the living room and gotten into everything, and tried to eat the table legs, and pushed his fire truck around.  When he has finally calmed down enough to crawl up into my arms and nurse, and then he falls asleep in my arms, and just lays there peacefully as I watch TV and occasionally glance down to admire my sleeping baby, and whisper in his ear "Mama loves you".



I know I should not let him fall asleep in my arms, I know I should already have a bedtime routine for him (I did have one at one time) that involves stories, and brushing his new tiny little teeth, and that I should absolutely not still be nursing him to sleep at 11 months old, but I don't care.  Because I have been a working Mom for a long time, and those couple of hours that I get with him are almost all I have had, and when he falls asleep he looks so sweet, that sometimes I just sit there and hold him for a long time, until I am ready to put him in his bed.

And I don't care if I am being selfish and irresponsible.  I love that baby, and he is only going to be a baby for a little bit longer, so I am going to enjoy holding my little baby as long as I can.  Because pretty soon he will be too big to nurse, and hold.  So I am going to enjoy him being this little while I can.

Good night my Justin.  Mama loves you.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who says there's one right way to raise a baby is full of crap. Your little routine sounds just fine if it's comforting for both you and him! I mean, take that with a grain of salt since I'm not a mom—but I find that doing things in the spirit in which they're intended, not just to the letter, is usually most beneficial. :)

    ReplyDelete